Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca is just as quick and easy to make like any pasta dish. It requires nothing more than some items you probably have in your pantry already. Puttanesca packs an aromatic punch and explosion of flavors!
The origin of the Italian dish is a bit sketchy. Personally, I like the story of Sandro Petti, co-owner of Rancio Fellone, a famous Ischian restaurant, and nightspot. He was forced to cook up something by late-night customers while low on ingredients. So, With nothing more than four tomatoes, two olives and some capers Petti’s moment of inspiration came. One solid info I can give you though, this dish is puttanesca sauce is very simple to make and extremely tasty.
Recipes may differ according to preferences. The basic recipe calls for anchovies, capers, olives, and tomatoes. Simple ingredients that are easy to find and yet delivers a unique taste to the dish. Canned tuna can be an alternative to anchovies if you don’t have any. Not bad eh? With just a few items you can put together a delicious meal in a few minutes! Serve this pasta dish with a baguette or just enjoy it on its own! Tell us what you think in the comment section below.
You might also like:
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- If you don’t have anchovies, you can use canned tuna as a substitute.
- Spaghetti pasta should be cooked al dente.
Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- 500 grams spaghetti pasta
- ¼ cup chopped anchovies you can used dry or preserved. add more according to preference
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes in can or you can used cherry tomatoes
- 2 pcs dried chilli or 1/2 tbsp chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp capers you can add more
- 5 tbsp slice black olives you can add more
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil/ cooking oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt for seasoning
- Cook the spaghetti pasta according to package or al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add butter and let it melt.
- Once the butter melts, saute chopped garlic until fragrant. Add anchovies and saute for a few seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the capers, dried chili/flakes, and olives. Stir/cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti pasta and toss with sauce until all strands are coated. Taste and season with salt if needed.
- Transfer in a plate and serve with baguette. Bon Appetit!