Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo is creamy and tasty pasta. The authentic dish is made from fettuccine traditionally tossed with just butter and Parmesan cheese. When we visited Rome last August 2018, I tried this pasta from the local restaurants (not the big fancy ones). And it was oh so good! But I personally want my pasta with something else to bite on rather than just the pasta. So I added shrimps and I really loved it. Fettuccine Alfredo is the ultimate comfort food. This is a recipe that uses the classic Italian method of emulsifying the pasta. The sauce gets thick, rich and glossy so it sticks beautifully to every single strand. If you’re looking for an Italian pasta dish with a variance. This is what you might just be looking for.
It’s easy and affordable to make. and you can enjoy it at the comfort of eating at your homes.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- For best results, use fresh shrimps, although you can also use the frozen shrimps.
- Pasta should be cooked al dente (to be still firm when bitten).
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- 500 grams fettuccine
- 500 grams shrimps (shells removed and de-veined)
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1 1/2 cup parmigiano cheese (you can also use parmesan)
- extra Parmigiano
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. When water is boiling add salt then add the fettuccine and cook until al dente (still firm but just cooked through).
- Drain water from pasta and sprinkle oil to avoid strands sticking together. Set aside.
- In another large pot heat oil and melt butter over medium high heat. Add shrimps and cook until both sides are pinkish in color. Remove shrimps from the pot and set aside.
- Using the same pot. Add flour and stir until it thickens. Pour the all-purpose cream and heavy cream and stir. Let simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder and salt, pepper to season. Taste according to your preference.
- Add the fettuccine and gently fold over the cream until all strands are coated. Add parmigiano and shrimps and mix gently to avoid crushing the shrimps. let simmer for 5 more minutes in low heat.
- Serve in a pasta bowl and garnish with more parmigiano cheese and parsley. Bon Appetit!