Sesame Salad Dressing is perfect any time you need an all-purpose dressing. Drizzle it over any salad especially with cherry tomatoes and cucumbers! A perfect condiment that you can make at home!
Once you make this Homemade Sesame Salad Dressing you will never go for store-bought version ever again. First, there are no surprises of additives or preservatives to worry about. And importantly, making it at home is way cheaper and healthier. You use the best ingredients and therefore know exactly what you put in it.
What does it taste like
The first time I served it to my family and they went “WOAH”! This dressing is full of bold flavors. Earthy with a bit of sweetness to it. My daughter thought it has nuts but that’s just the sesame oil really. The dressing is also creamy and some acidity because of the vinegar.
How long can homemade Sesame Salad Dressing Last?
You can make a larger batch, and then simply store it in the fridge. Since homemade dressing doesn’t have any preservatives in it, use it up within a month. This won’t be hard since there are so many great ways to use sesame salad dressing! Especially with summer days around the corner, you make it once, and use it as a marinade on meat or fish when grilling or dips for fried dishes.
Tips for Sesame Dressing Salad
- If you have leftover or cold pasta, this salad dressing will give it new life.
- An amazing marinade sauce for chicken, beef, and fish.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese together with the dressing for a more remarkable vegetable salad.
- Try it as a dipping sauce for fried dishes and you’ll keep coming for more.
- Keep it tightly sealed in a container or an old salad dressing bottle and refrigerate until you are ready to use it again.
You might also like:
Sesame Salad Dressing
- 2 ½ tbsp sesame seeds toasted and grounded
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp soysauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Toast sesame seed in a pan until golden brown.
- Ground the seeds using mortar and pestel or food processor until powdery.
- Transfer powdered seeds in a mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix until well incorporated. NOTE: if you want a loose texture you can add 1 tsp. water or more according to your preference
- Taste and adjust with sugar or vinegar. Transfer in a jar with lid or container. Bon Appetit!