Salmon and tofu with tausi sauce is a dish that’s definitely on top of my go to fish recipe. Luckily when I did my weekly grocery, I stumbled upon fresh salmon at a very cheap price. You can mix up the ingredients on this recipe. If you want to add or omit some item, you can do so. You can also alternate them when you cook so that there will be variety. The tausi sauce surely gave the dish it’s oriental taste and the salmon is just like a mildly flavored meat that came straight out of the sea.
This dish even has aubergine to make it more healthy. It will without question, excite your taste buds. Happy cooking!
Fine slivers of scallions sprinkled on top of the salmon and tofu serves as garnish.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Salmon and Tofu with Tausi sauce.
- You can use any firm flesh fish like cod, tilapia, haddock.
Salmon and Tofu with Tausi Sauce
- 1 1/2 kilo salmon (cut in cubes approx. 1 1/2 inch)
- 50 grams tofu / tokwa (cut in cubes and add more as per pref)
- 25 grams tausi (fermented black beans) (usually bought in a small can)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (sliced)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp cornstarch diluted in 3 tbsp water (for thickening)
- 1 medium aubergine / eggplant
- green onion / scallions (for garnish)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cooking oil (for frying fish and tofu)
- salt and pepper (for seasoning)
- In a large bowl. pour 1 cup flour and dredge the salmon pieces first then set aside. Next do the same with the tofu cubes and dredge in flour. Set aside
- In a deep frying pan, heat 3 cups cooking oil and fry the salmon for just 1 minute to avoid over cooking. Then using the same oil cook tofu until golden brown. Lastly fry the aubergine/eggplant until soft. Set aside
- Put 2 tbsp cooking oil in a wok at medium heat. Saute the garlic, onion and tausi without the sauce from the can. Add the tomato and saute some more pressing the tomato now and then to release the juice. Let simmer for 5 minutes
- Add 3 cups water, soy sauce, oyster sauce, pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and let boil. When it boils, add the salmon and tofu then cover and simmer until the liquid is reduce to half.
- When the liquid is reduced. add the thickening mixture of cornstarch and water then gently stir until well distributed. Let it simmer for another 3 minutes. And you’re done! Garnish with cut green onion and serve. Bon Appetit!