Rolled-up Pizza is the new way of eating your pizza! This easy recipe is best as side for pasta or on it’s own. I make this thin crusted pizza to compliment my pasta dishes. Why roll it you might ask? Rolling pizza is a new and exciting way of eating pizza for children and adults alike. My son, who’s a picky eater enjoyed every bit of this even the vegetables!
It took me 1 try to get these pizza rolls right. The rolls were pizza perfection: crispy on the bottom, tender on the inside and super cheesy. You will love making and eating pizza this way.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Rolled-up Pizza
- For best result let dough rest overnight so it’s much easier to roll.
- ½ cup bread flour sifted
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil
For Pizza Sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- salt and pepper seasoning
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup ham or pepperoni
- 1 medium onion cut in rings
Making the dough.
- In a bowl. Mix all ingredients until a smooth dough forms. Wrap in cling film and let rest for 1 hour but preferably overnight in the fridge.
Making the Pizza
- Pre-heat oven at 200°C or 392°F
- Remove the dough from the fridge and let warm in room temperature. Dust table with some flour and roll out the dough until thin. (Approx. 3 mm thickness)
- In a small bowl. Mix together tomato sauce, sugar and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Using a spoon. Scoop some tomato sauce and place it on the center of the dough then spread in a circular motion.
- Top it off with ham, onion rings and mozzarella cheese. NOTE: You can also add pepperoni, bell peppers etc.
- Put in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Cook time may vary depending on the oven you use.
- Remove form oven and cut into strips measuring 1 ½ inch width, then roll the strips and serve! Bon Appetit!