This Panda Express Beijing Beef copycat recipe is probably one of the best you can find out there! Crispy beef strips coated in spicy, sweet and tangy sauce with loads of onion and bell pepper.
A homemade version of Panda express Beijing beef recipe is your quick fix for the popular Chinese food take-away. This easy-to-make beef stir fry dish with Beijing beef sauce can be put together in a couple of minutes just like Mongolian beef.
Beijing Style Sauce
This is the sauce you coat the fried battered beef strips with. It so good that you can also serve as dipping sauce for grilled and roasted foods. Usually made from a base of ingredients like soy sauce, sugar, hot sauce or red pepper flakes to deliver sweet, savory flavors.
What Beef Cut To Use?
The recipe calls for flank steak as the beef cut of choice. As an alternative, sirloin or beef flap will also work for Beijing beef stir fry. The meat needs to be cut against the grain into bite sized chunks or strips. I can already imagine the tender beef cooking perfectly!
How to Make Beijing Beef, Panda Express Style
Enjoy This Recipe With Dishes Like
To fully enjoy this Panda Express Beijing beef recipe, you can try matching it with chao fan fried rice. If you want something healthier, you can make this easy cauliflower rice tabbouleh or chop suey
Tips for an amiable experience
Other beef recipes you may like
Panda Express Beijing Beef Copycat
- 600 grams flank steak ((thin sliced, against the grain, into bite size chunks or strips))
- 1 large red bell pepper ((cut into ½ inch squares))
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarc dissolved in 1 tbsp water (slurry)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1 egg white (beaten)
Beijing Beef Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Place beef strips in a bowl and add marinating ingredients. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.600 grams flank steak, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, 2 tbsp potato starch, 1 egg white
- While beef is marinating, make the sauce by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.1/2 cup water, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp hot sauce, 2 tbsp ketchup
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot enough, lightly dredge marinated beef in cornstarch and fry beef slice in batches for 3-4 minutes. Once all meat are done frying, set aside.2/3 cup vegetable oil
- In another wok, place and heat 2 – 3 tablespoon of oil from frying the beef over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onion until fragrant and translucent.1 medium onion, 2 cloves garlic
- Add bell peppers. Once bell peppers have wilted, tip in the fried beef slices and stir fry for a few seconds.1 large red bell pepper
- Pour the Beijing beef sauce and gently toss the ingredients until coated with the sauce. Add vinegar and let simmer for a minute without stirring.1 tbsp vinegar
- Add thickening agent and stir until sauce is thick and sticks to the fried beef slices. Remove from heat and serve while warm.1 tbsp cornstarc dissolved in 1 tbsp water