Pancit Miki Guisado recipe is a one stop shop of awesome flavors! Homemade miki noodles stir fried with pork, shrimps and vegetables that is so tasty and delicious!
Pancit Miki Guisado is a rich and flavorful egg noodle dish that is hearty and filling. Round or flat miki noodles glistening and teasing mixed in with vegetables and meat. One of my favorite Filipino noodle recipe that you’ll love too.
Filipino noodle dishes using egg noodles
Aside from pancit miki, there are a variety of noodle dishes that Filipinos are known for. Every province has their own specialty and version but one thing is common, they’re all delectable!
Lomi – The most famous is probably the lomi of Batangas. Made out of very thick fresh egg noodles served in thick starchy soup. From the Chinese dish “Lor Mee” which is nearly similar in ingredients and preparation.
Beef Mami – Is a noodle soup dish with thinner egg noodles, beef brisket and other toppings in a beef broth soup base.
Miki noodles, buy or make?
Miki noodles are basically egg noodles. The difference is that, Miki noodles are sold fresh unlike Chinese egg noodles which are sold dried. You can also use dried egg noodles for this recipe but you need to cook them first in well-salted boiling water. But if you’re like me and up for a challenge, why not do everything from scratch and make your own using my homemade egg noodle recipe!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
You may also like:
Garlic Noodles with Shrimps recipe will turn spaghetti pasta into a flavorful oriental dish. Rich, sweet, and savory garlic noodles that can easily be a family favorite!
Chicken Udon stir-fry is a quick and easy dinner option for weeknights. It’s easy to make yet so satisfyingly delicious! The fat udon noodles are fun to eat and the sauce is so yummy that makes this dish an enjoyable meal.
Pancit Miki Guisado
- 600 grams fresh miki / egg noodles
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion slice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pc shrimp cube
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water add more if needed
- 2 pcs carrots cut into strips
- 1 pc medium cabbage chopped
- 500 grams shrimps deveined, shells remove
- 200 grams pork belly boiled and cut into cubes
- Heat oil in a cooking pan. Add-in onions and garlic, cook until the onions becomes translucent.
- Add cubed boiled pork and shrimps and stir fry for 1 minute or until shrimps turn orange-pink in color.
- Add-in salt, pepper, soy sauce, shrimp cube and carrots. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour water then simmer for approx. 5 minutes or until carrots are tender. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt if needed.
- Tip-in the cabbage and cook until tender but still crisp.
- Put-in the miki noodles, and toss together with all the ingredients. Stir-cook for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed.
- Transfer to a serving plate, then serve and enjoy. Bon appetit!