Pan Seared Salmon Steak with Creamy Dijon Sauce is a delectable and elegant salmon recipe. It is so easy to make that anyone can pull it off. It comes together so quickly yet it’s sure to impress anyone. The pan-seared salmon itself is already delicious but the creamy dijon sauce takes it to a whole new level!
While in the high street the other day and thinking of what to make for dinner I passed by the poissonnière (fishmonger) and saw these salmon steaks. If you have been following my blog for some time, you might have already guessed that we’re crazy over salmon! LOL. I published just a couple of posts ago the recipes for Salmon Escabeche and Baked Salmon Teriyaki just to show how we love salmon!
This is an easy and quick salmon recipe but worthy of fine dining quality. It’s ready to serve in 25 minutes so it’s suitable for dinner party dish or a workday dinner. You can also try other salmon recipes on our recipe dishes section. Bon appetit!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Pan Seared Salmon Steak with Dijon Sauce
- You can also use salmon fillet about 1 inch thick or more in size.
Pan Seared Salmon Steak with Creamy Dijon Sauce
- 4 pieces salmon steaks
- salt and pepper to season
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil
Creamy Dijon Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard add more if needed
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- parsley garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Get the pan fully heated before adding the cooking oil.
- Season the salmon steaks with salt and pepper and add them to the hot pan.
- Pan sear for about 3 to 5 minutes per side depending upon the thickness of the fillets. Only turn the fillets once.
- Remove from pan and transfer in a serving dish. Keep warm in the oven at 200° F or 95°C for just a few minutes while you make the sauce.
Making Creamy Dijon Sauce
- Heat saucepan over medium heat. Add all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and reduce the sauce until it starts to thicken, this should only take 3 to 4 minutes. When the sauce is creamy, taste and adjust with seasoning.
- Remove salmon steaks from the oven and drizzle with creamy dijon mustard sauce. Garnish with parsley et voila! Bon Appetit!