This No bake Macaroni is a quick and easy dish of tender macaroni in an ultra-creamy béchamel sauce. Probably one of the best macaroni recipes out there! No oven? No problem! This is the recipe for you!
These past few days, my daughter has been persistently requesting pasta. So to satisfy her cravings and for a chance to post another recipe, I made this macaroni dish. There’s nothing better than pasta dinner on weeknights, and there are so many options. I have a really great Tuna Pesto recipe that the family loves, but when we want dinner in a hurry, I turn to this macaroni recipe. Not only is this ultra-creamy, but it is also meaty (meat-lovers I’m looking at you). For this recipe, I’ve done the three-pot method — one for cooking the pasta, and one for making the béchamel sauce.
I use regular elbow macaroni for this recipe. You can really use any short type of pasta, but be aware that the cooking time may need to be adjusted. To make the ultra-creamy sauce or béchamel sauce, I use cheddar or Parmigiano cheese, milk, butter, and flour. The meaty tomato sauce also plays an important factor since it’s mixed in with the pasta then top with the béchamel. And since Christmas is almost upon us, why not include this in your menu. It’s definitely a crowd-pleaser!
You might also like:
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for No-Bake Macaroni
- There are countless ways to dress up your macaroni. Try adding:
- Crumbled bacon
- Grilled chicken
- Fresh herbs
- 400 grams elbow pasta
- 300 grams ground beef
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 500 ml tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar add more if needed
- ½ beef cube
- salt and pepper to season
For Béchamel sauce
- 2 ½ cup fresh milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ cup grated parmigiana cheese or cheddar cheese
- salt to season
- Cook pasta according to the package then set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium pan, over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion. Then add the ground beef then stir let it cook until brown color.
- Then add the beef cube then stir add the hotdogs then stir and cook for 5 minutes. When the hotdog is cook add the tomato paste and stir until well incorporated.
- Mix-in the tomato sauce and paste. Add sugar then season with a pinch of salt and ground pepper. Stir and cover and let it cook for a couple of minutes. Taste and adjust according to your preference. Set aside.
Procedure for the Béchamel sauce
- Melt butter in a pot in low heat. Add the flour stir until the flour is cooked. Then add the milk and continue stirring until the texture is thick but pourable then add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Mix-in the elbow pasta with the meaty tomato sauce. Transfer in a serving dish and pour the béchamel sauce. Serve and enjoy. Bon Appetit!