You’ll love this creamy Mango Jelly dessert with mangoes, tapioca pearls, and mango-flavored jelly cubes. Intense mango flavor to the max!
I cannot stop filling up my bowl with this amazing mango dessert! Once I bring it out from the refrigerator, everyone swoops down on the table with their own dessert bowls in hand. What’s even better is you can make this mango jelly recipe in 30 minutes!
I have never met someone who doesn’t like mangoes. Especially Filipinos who love them either green or ripe. I love green mangoes dipped in shrimp paste or bagoong.
When it comes to ripe ones, well that’s where it gets even more exciting. This mango dessert with jiggly gelatin, cream sweetened just right and mini sago is the easiest to make!
What type of mangoes to use?
Just like Mango and Nata de Coco, you can use any type of mango. But, if you want to have the best result, use Manila Mangoes or Ataulfo which I used for this recipe.
How to make Mango Jelly Dessert
You can enjoy this dessert with a few minutes of preparation. First, cut the fresh mangoes in cubes. You can also use preserved mangoes in cans if you can’t get hold of fresh ones. Mix-in the mangoes, mango flavored jelly, condensed milk, evaporated milk, whipping cream, in a bowl. Gently fold in the ingredients and avoid mashing the mangoes. Chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator and serve.
How to use powdered gelatin
I used gelatin sheets but you can also use powdered gelatin if you can’t get hold of gelatin sheets. If you’re using powdered gelatin, stir in the powder in water until it blooms. Heat the mixture in a microwave until it turns to liquid then mix in with the water. 2 sheets of gelatin is equivalent to 1 tsp of powdered gelatin.
Tips for an amiable experience
- To speed up the setting process of the gelatin, you can Place your jelly in the coolest part of the refrigerator after it cooled down to room temperature.
- Or, place the jelly in the freezer for 20 minutes then transfer it in the fridge to set completely. Avoid it sitting in the freezer longer than 20 minutes if you don’t want frozen jelly.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Ube Jelly Salad with cheese and macapuno oozing with tasty ube flavors! Cheesy and coconutty purple yam jelly dessert that you’ll fall in love instantly!
Mango float is something you definitely need to try! A Filipino dessert made of layered mangoes and graham crackers with rich cream in between.
- 2 ripe mangoes cut into cubes
- 3 cups whipping cream or all purpose cream.
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk optional
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp mango flavoring
For Sago (tapioca pearls)
- 1 cup tapioca pearl small
- 5 cups water
For Mango Gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 6 pcs gelatin sheets
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mango flavoring
Making the sago (tapioca pearls)
- In a small pot boil water in medium heat. When water starts boiling, add tapioca pearls. Stir while cooking to avoid pearls from sticking together.1 cup tapioca pearl, 5 cups water
- Cook for 3 minutes or until translucent then cover pot and turn off heat. Let the tapioca pearls sit in the pot for 10 minutes to completely cook then strain pearls and wash in running cold water. Set aside.
Making the mango-flavored gelatin
- Soak gelatin sheets in a bowl with water for 5 minutes.6 pcs gelatin sheets
- In a small pot, simmer water over medium heat. Tip in sugar and stir to dissolve. Place softened gelatin sheets. Mix until gelatin complete dissolves. Remove from heat then mix-in mango flavoring.2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp mango flavoring, 2 cups water
- Transfer gelatin in a baking dish or any container. Let completely set. When jelly is set, cut into cubes.
Making the dessert
- In a large mixing bowl, pour whipping cream, evaporated milk and condensed milk, mix until well incorporated.3 cups whipping cream , ⅔ cup evaporated milk, ½ cup condensed milk
- Tip in the cooked tapioca pearls, mango gelatin, cubed mangoes, mango flavoring. Mix to distribute ingredients then taste and adjust according to preference. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.2 ripe mangoes , 1 tsp mango flavoring
- Serve chilled in a bowl and Enjoy. Bon appetit!