Treat yourself with this refreshing mango dessert. If you’ve never tried making Mango and Nata de Coco before, here’s a simple recipe that you can put together in a few minutes. Only five ingredients are needed for this dessert and can be sweetened just the way you like it.
This has been a childhood treat that I really loved and enjoyed. I remember this dessert when going to my childhood friend’s house. Her mom would always prepare this, so it became a well-liked dessert. Especially there is an abundant source of mangoes in the Philippines. Not only is the Mango and Nata de Coco delectable but it’s also easy to prepare. This is so quick to prepare especially for an impromptu get together with families and friends.
Nata de Coco or Kaong (Sweet Palm Fruit)?
The original recipe calls for Nata de Coco but I recently tried sweet palm fruit. Although kaong is a bit harder than nata de coco, the dessert still came out great. Kaong is a jellybean-shaped nut or seed of the sugar palm tree which is chewy. Nata de Coco, on the other hand, is jelly in coconut milk.
How to make Mango and Nata de Coco
You can enjoy this dessert with a few minutes of preparation. You first cut the fresh mangoes in cubes. You can also use preserved mangoes in cans if you can’t get hold of fresh ones. Throw in the mangoes, nata de coco, condensed milk, whipping cream, and all-purpose cream in a bowl. Gently fold in the ingredients and avoid mashing the mangoes. Chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator and serve. If you liked this recipe please leave a comment below!
You might also like:
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Mango and Nata de Coco
- Make sure that the mangoes you’re going to use are fresh and not over riped.
Mango and Nata de Coco
- 3 large mangoes or 3 can (420grams) mango slices
- 380 grams nata de coco (coconut gel) use two bottles (380g)
- 1 1/2 cup condensed milk depends on your preference
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups all-purpose cream
- Peel mangoes and cut into cubes then place in a bowl. For canned mangoes, drain syrup and cut mangoes in cubes then place in a bowl.
- Add the Coco Gel (Nata de Coco), condensed milk, whipping cream and all-purpose cream then mix carefully to avoid crushing the mango cubes.
- Taste if everything is according to your preferred sweetness.
- Put in a container with lid and place in you fridge not freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and Enjoy! Bon Appetit!