Chocolate Chip Cookies are a true classic and the go-to cookie for all occasions! Next to cakes, my favorite type of recipe to bake is absolutely COOKIES! They’re so fun and simple but we can learn so much about the science of baking from making cookies. No special ingredients, equipment, or skills needed!
Thick and loaded full of gooey chocolate with slightly crisp edges. Full of sweet butterscotch & chocolate flavors, exactly how a chocolate chip cookie should taste! These are just some ways to describe these delightful cookies! A recipe to keep for when the craving strikes!
This is my all-time favorite recipe for the softest, chewiest, dreamiest, hands-down best cookies. Milk, dark, white, or semisweet chocolate chips are all delicious options here as well. These cookies are best to bring at a school bake sale of your children or picnics. Just like my chocolate cupcake recipe or blueberry cheesecake, these will be truly enjoyed by everyone!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Bake on parchment: Always bake on parchment or a silicone baking mat for the perfect cookies.
- Make sure that your butter is legit room-temperature so that it will cream correctly with the sugars.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup or 115 grams butter softened completely to room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or morsels
- ¼ cup grated dark chocolate optional
Combine the dry ingredients
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, and whisk together baking soda and salt until combined. Set aside.
Cream together the butter and sugars
- Add egg and mix on medium-speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in the dry ingredients and beat on medium-low speed until just combined.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix in the chocolate chips and grated dark chocolate by hand until they are evenly combined. NOTE: Do not over work the dough or the cookies will come out hard!
- Chill the dough. Transfer the dough to an airtight container and refrigerate it for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven at 190°C and prepare baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and scoop out with ice cream scoop and place them on a baking sheet that is covered with either parchment paper
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are slightly crispy and the tops of the cookies are very lightly golden or top feels firm when lightly touched. Bake 1 sheet at a time if doing it by batch. NOTE: For small cookies bake only for 8 – 10 minutes
- Nuts: Chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, and/or macadamia nuts are also delicious add-ins.
- Sprinkles: Toss in a handful of colored sprinkles if you’d like to make these cookies extra festive!