Chocolate Banana Bread
This double Chocolate Banana Bread is so chocolatey satisfying! Soft, moist and decadent that you can’t help but take another slice.
One of the most irresistible baked goody that I serve up is banana bread with almonds. It’s a simple enough recipe and doesn’t require to much time to make. But, wouldn’t it be better if you mix it up a little? Well, this dark chocolate banana bread is a great addition to your banana bread recipes.
Best Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe knocked off chocolate chip banana bread in its number one spot as the best. It’s more decadent due to the double chocolates used which is dark chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Unlike chocolate chip banana bread, chocolate is infused with the bread, making it more pronounced and enjoyable to eat.
It is ultra moist and so tender that it feels like it melts in your mouth. The best part is you can still taste the sweet banana flavor that the bread is known for. This chocolate banana bread recipe will not disappoint, that’s for sure!
Notes on some ingredients
Like most baking recipes, we can group the ingredients in two, which are the dry ingredients and wet ingredients.
How to serve and store?
Tips for amiable experience
You may also like
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 medium-sized overripe bananas (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 4×8-inch loaf pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper then set aside.
- Peel and place the bananas in a bowl then mash a fork. Add oil, egg, yogurt, and vanilla extract then whisk until well incorporated.5 medium-sized overripe bananas, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 medium egg, 3 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil, 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Add brown and white sugar then whisk again for a minutes or until sugar dissolves.1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup white sugar
- In another bowl, sift all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Mix well to incorporate.1 cup all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp salt
- Take the all-purpose flour mix (dry ingredients) and tip it in the mashed banana mixture. Stir and mix with a rubber spatula until no traces of flour is left.
- Add half of the semi sweet chocolate chips into the batter and leave some for toppings.1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and tap the pan 2-3 times on top of work surface to release air bubbles the top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake at 350°F/180°C for 50 minutes or until a clean toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- Release the banana bread from the loaf pan and let cool completely in a wire rack before serving. Slice with a bread knife and serve. Bon Appetit!