A creamy Filipino Chicken Potato Salad is what you need for a tasty side dish. With tender potatoes combined with shredded chicken, onions, mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, and mustard. I can’t say this for everyone but it’s a fantastic alternative for rice!
The creaminess of the potatoes mixed in with traditional ingredients found in your pantry makes this dish easy to prepare. This potato salad recipe is so good that my husband got second servings. No matter what main dish you have, matching this potato salad will give you delicious results every time! This potato salad is the ultimate recipe that will have everyone coming back for another round!
To get the best results, you need to choose what potatoes to use. Russet potatoes are a good choice because they have a more powdery texture. When they cook, you can see a more starchy texture that adds to the creaminess of the potato salad, just like mashed potatoes. Another option is the Yukon gold potatoes for a more buttery flavor. Another tasty kind is red potatoes but they’re a bit waxy in texture and less creamy. Aside from selecting which potatoes to use, most of the ingredients are probably in your pantry already.
You might also like:
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Chicken Potato Salad
- This potato salad can be prepared and put together for up to 2 days before serving. Just place in a sealed container and in the refrigerator.
Chicken Potato Salad
- 2 large potatoes or 4 medium-sized
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast cooked/boiled
- 2 ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup pineapple chunks chopped/cubes
- ½ cup carrots grated
- ¼ cup white onion chopped
- 3 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp white ground pepper
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard optional
- Wash and clean the chicken breast and place it in a cooking pot with water. Bring to a boil and cook, for 10 minutes. When the chicken is cooked through, shred using forks. Set aside.
- Wash and clean the potatoes and place them in a cooking pot with water. Over high heat bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes The potatoes should be soft and tender. Drain water from the pot and let potatoes cool down then peel and cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl add the mayonnaise, pickle relish, onion, grated carrots and pineapple tidbits then mix until well blend. Then add sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper then mix again. Then add the shredded chicken breast and the potatoes then toss gently until well coated. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper and sugar.
- Serve and Enjoy. Bon Appetit!