Cajun shrimp in browned butter using homemade Cajun seasoning is an explosion of flavors! An easy weeknight dinner that is ready in less than 20 minutes. Flavorful shrimps with corn cobs and potatoes, it’s a complete dinner!
I can say that Cajun shrimp in browned butter is a great change to boring weeknight dinners. The crunchy, firm texture when you first bite into the shrimp accompanied by bold flavors is just amazing.
Its succulent and intense taste will keep you asking for more. With corn cobs and potatoes tossed in the Cajun seasoning, it’s a complete and hearty meal that everyone will enjoy.
Why browned butter
Browning the butter not only makes the butter an ingredient to sauté the garlic in this dish but gives it a nutty flavor and complexity. It’s fast and easy to do and totally worth doing this extra step.
Making the seasoning
Making Cajun shrimps depends highly on the seasoning that is really easy to make. This strong and amazing spice blend can liven up common foods like fries, rice and eggs. This Cajun seasoning recipe yields approximately 3/4 cup but you can double it and store in an airtight container.
Why this recipe works
You can either leave the fresh shrimps as is with head and shells on or you can also peel and devein them to make eating easier.
It’s a complete meal! Just toss in boiled corn cobs and potatoes after the shrimps are cooked.
You can adjust the spiciness just the way you like it by tweaking the cayenne and chili flakes in the seasoning.
Making your own seasoning gives you peace of mind knowing that it’s free of preservatives or unknown spices.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Other shrimp recipes you may like:
Salted egg crispy shrimp is an explosion of flavors! A different take on cooking shrimps using salted eggs
Ginisang upo with shrimps is a tasty vegetable dish of crisp yet tender bottle gourd and juicy shrimps.
Scrambled egg shrimp stir fry is not only great for breakfast but can be served for dinner too. This stir fry is another effortless recipe for preparing a quick weeknight meal.
Cajun Shrimp in Browned Butter
- 600 grams fresh shrimps remove whiskers, head and shell on
- 2 large corns sliced 1 inch thick
- 4 large potatoes cut in 1 inch cubes, skin on
- 1 cup corn and potato stock
- 115 gram butter
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 ½ tbsp cajun seasoning see my homemade cajun seasoning recipe or see notes below
- 4 large sausages sliced in 3 parts
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Boil water in a large pot and add corn and potatoes. Cook until tender then save 1 cup of stock and drain the rest of water. Set aside.
- In a large, deep pan. Melt butter in low-medium heat while occasionally stirring to avoid burning. When the butter melts, continue stirring until it changes to light brown color.
- Tip in garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add Cajun seasoning, stir and let it cook for 1-2 minutes to release flavors.
- Add shrimps and cook for 5 minutes or until color changes to pinkish orange. Add corn/potatoes stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sausages then mix in to incorporate. Simmer again for 2 – 3 minutes. Add sugar and mix until sugar granules dissolve. Taste and adjust sweetness according to preference.
- Toss in boiled corn and potatoes until fully incorporated or corn and potatoes are coated with sauce. Remove from heat and transfer in a serving dish. Bon appetit!