Buko Pandan Drink is a sure-fire way to cool yourself this summer! With creamy coconut juice, bits of young coconut and pandan flavored gelatin. Beat the scorching summer heat with this refreshing summer cooler.
The last few weeks have been really hot here in Paris. All you can think about is hydrating yourself to beat the heatwave. Luckily I have some classic Filipino coolers recipe to refresh us. Like Guinilu that is a cold coconut and milk drink, you will also enjoy this Coconut and Pandan cooler. This revitalizing drink is inviting and will keep your children hydrated. Top it up with ice and enjoy.
Buko Pandan is a dessert-drink that combines the flavor of coconut and screwpine leaves (pandan). It’s one of those drinks that we love to prepare during family gatherings at home. This is a good substitute for it’s thicker, creamier counterpart: Buco Pandan Salad. This drink couldn’t be any easier-just combine coconut juice, pandan-flavored jellies, young coconut, and sugar in a pitcher and serve over ice. Voila! A drink to quench your thirst and healthy too!
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Buko Pandan Drink
- If you have the transparent gelatin on hand, you can just put in a few drops of green food color after you dissolve it in hot water.
- The cooking time of tapioca pearls vary. When you use the bigger sizes, it usually takes 25-30 minutes to cook it. It is always best to taste it before draining it to make sure it is completely cooked.
- One tip to know if tapioca pearls are cooked already: it has to be translucent, soft and just has a bit of white part in the middle of each pearl.
Buko Pandan Drink
For Pandan Jelly
- 1 bar gelatin agar-agar cut in small pieces
- 1 tbsp pandan flavoring paste or liquid
- 2 cups coconut juice
- ½ cup sugar
For Buko Pandan Juice
- 2 cups young coconut
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (397g) condensed milk
- 1 can (420g) evaporated milk
- 1 cup small tapioca pearls
- 2 cups pandan jelly that one that you'll be making
- ½ cup sugar
Making the Pandan Jelly
- In a pot, combine agar agar, coconut juice,sugar, and pandan flavoring and boil until agar agar is dissolved completely.
- Transfer in container and let it cool until it solidifies. When they are firm to touch. Slice them into small cubes and set aside.
Making the Tapioca Pearls
- Just boil water into a deep pan and when it starts boiling rapidly, pour the tapioca pearls and continuously stir it to prevent the pearls from sticking together. After 10-15 minutes when they are cooked strain to drain water and run them in cold tap water. Transfer in a bowl and set aside.
Making the Buko Pandan Drink
- In a large pitcher, combine water, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and sugar. Stir until well-blended. Then add the pandan jelly, young coconut, and tapioca pearls. Stir some more and let chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Best served with ice! Bon Appetit!