Crispy Breaded Chicken Cutlets with tender, juicy chicken! This recipe is quick and easy yet undeniably delicious! Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
I always keep chicken cutlets in my fridge whenever there is a need for quick dinner meals. You can also slice it into thin strips for salads or topping for fettuccine alfredo.
Often times we just eat them as they are with baked potatoes or rice. The uses for this recipe are endless and however you serve them they always turn out good!
Why makes the recipe work so well?
Once you tried this fool-proof recipe it will be a keeper. The seasoned breading creates a flavorful outer crust. Pounding the chicken results in tender cutlets. Lastly, the special marinade of the chicken makes it juicy and so delicious!
How to make Breaded Chicken Cutlets
You can opt using store-bought breadcrumbs but there is always something satisfying making everything from scratch. I bet you won’t be buying breadcrumbs once you learn how to make your own.
To make the breading, you will need the following:
- Paprika powder
- Garlic Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Baking Powder
- Ground black pepper and salt
And that’s it, just mix them up together in a bowl and dredge the marinated chicken cutlets and fry until golden!
Tips for Breaded Chicken Cutlets
- When frying in a pan, the amount of oil should reach half of the chicken.
- Before you cook, remove the chicken from the refrigerator 20-30 minutes before, this will allow an even cook.
- It’s better to fry in batches. Overcrowding the pan will cause the oil temperature to change resulting in a soggy coating.
- How to store leftover breaded chicken cutlets? Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
You might also like:
Breaded Chicken Cutlets
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Paprika powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- 6 pcs Chicken Cutlets Chicken thigh deboned and skin removed
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 clove Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 2 Eggs
- Cooking Oil for frying should be enough to reach half of the chicken when frying
Marinating the chicken cutlets
- Debone and remove the skin from chicken thigh. Pound with a kitchen mallet or rolling pin then wash in running water and set aside.
- In a bowl, add marinating ingredients. Beat with a wire whisk to incorporate.
- Submerge chicken cutlets and marinate for 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
Making the breading
- In a bowl, add all ingredients and mix well to combine.
Cooking the breaded chicken cutlets
- Remove chicken from the fridge 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- Take out chicken cutlets from the marinade and place it in a plate. Save the marinade for later use.
- Heat cooking oil (approx. ¼ inch deep) in a pan in medium-high heat.
- Take one cutlet and dredge into the breading. Shake off excess breading.
- Dip into the marinade sauce and dredge again into the breading.
- Fry the chicken in batches to avoid overcrowding (NOTE: This will depend on the size of the pan/skillet you are using.) Cook until golden or 3-5 minutes
- Flip the chicken to cook the other side for 3 minutes or until equally golden.
- Transfer cooked chicken in a plate lined with a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve and Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce. Bon Appetit!