Beef with Onions Stir Fry with tender, juicy beef stir-fried with onions plus sweet and savory sauce. A delicious and easy recipe that takes only 20 minutes.
If you love Mongolian Beef, you will also like this Beef and Onions recipe. This recipe was inspired by a restaurant we frequently go to. Every time we eat there, this is the only thing I order and tell myself that I’m going to make this one day! So, here it is! my own take on this sweet and savory beef stir-fried with onions. Onion adds extra texture to the dish and gives out a sweet flavor when cooked and caramelized.
There is no exception with this recipe as simple cornstarch would seal in the “juice” of the meat so every bite is satisfying and so yummy. This easy recipe comes together quickly for a hearty weeknight family dish. It’s also perfect to serve to friends that come over for a visit. This meal is perfect with steamed rice.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for Beef with Onions Stir Fry
- The wok or skillet must be fully heated before stir-frying. You’ll know if the wok or skillet has reached the optimum heat when a swirl of white smoke starts appearing on its surface.
- Add the oil after the wok or skillet is fully heated. Make sure that the oil completely coats the bottom surface of the wok or skillet.
- If you’re using cornstarch, make sure that it’s completely dissolved. Before adding the sauce into the stir-fry, quickly stir the sauce one last time to ensure that nothing settled at the bottom of the bowl.
Beef with Onions Stir Fry
- ½ kilo beef tenderloin thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 large onion sliced
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- In a bowl, add all marinating ingredients and mix well until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Add beef slices and mix in with marinate sauce until all slices are coated. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat wok or skillet on high heat. Add the oil after the wok or skillet is fully heated. Make sure that the oil completely coats the bottom surface of the wok or skillet.
- Add onions and saute for a few seconds. Turn down heat then add beef with marinate. Stir-fry until beef until slightly brown in color.
- Add water and give it a quick stir then cover and let simmer for 10 minutes or when the beef slices are completely cooked. If the beef slices are still hard. Add some water and let simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Do a few quick stirs, add salt and more sugar to taste, dish out and serve hot with steamed rice. Bon Appetit!