This barbecue chicken recipe is pretty easy. It’s super juicy and tender. I would whip this up on week-ends and serve it with steaming rice, green beans, carrots and of course some good ol’ fashioned, ice cold tea or juice to wash it all down. Ahhhh…to be a kid again. I didn’t know how good I had it!
Oven Roasting Makes Easier, Tastier Barbecue Chicken
I love BBQ chicken from the grill as much as anyone, but is kind of time-consuming to do well. You’ve got to cook the chicken pretty perfectly without the sauce, and once the sauce is added you have to spend a lot of time flipping and basting to get that burnished-but-not-burned coating we all crave. Oven-roasting the chicken is mostly hands-free cooking — leaving more time for making sides or just sipping tea/coffee.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
Tips for BBQ Chicken in the Oven
- Line your baking sheet with foil. BBQ chicken is messy and sticky; prepping the pan with foil makes for way easier cleanup.
- You’re likely to have some leftover sauce even after coating the chicken, but don’t waste it — it is extra flavorful. Serve it right alongside the finished chicken.
- 6 pieces chicken thigh with legs
- 2 pcs lemon (you can also use calamansi)
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coke / sprite
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Wash the chicken thighs thoroughly and drain excess water. Cut slits across the chicken thigh about 2 inches long being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Rub all the 6 chicken parts with salt.
- In a big bowl or container, put in the lemon, soy sauce, ketchup, ground pepper, brown sugar,coke and mix.
- Add the chicken parts to the marinate sauce making sure it’s completely submerge. Cover with cling film and marinate for at least 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 230° C with broil setting on.
- Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet and brush both sides generously with the marinate sauce. Put in the oven and grill for 25 minutes then flip the chicken parts to cook the other side for 20 minutes more.
- While waiting for the Chicken to be cooked. Prepare the BBQ sauce by adding the left-over marinate and 2 tbsp cornstarch in a sauce pot and in medium heat bring to a boil. Add more sugar if you want more sweetness.
- Take out the barbecued chicken from the oven and smother with the BBQ sauce.Serve and Enjoy! Bon Appetit