Baked Salmon with cream cheese and parmesan is juicy and flaky with flavorful cream cheese and parmesan crust. Serve it as the main dish for dinner and serve it with mixed green salad, simply amazing!
I am not exaggerating when I say that this baked salmon is absolutely delicious! This is one of those recipes that you’ll find yourself using again and again. But don’t take my word for it until you for yourself!
The fish is juicy, flaky and seasoned just right. On top of it, the cream cheese- parmesan crust that just heavenly! This is one of my favorite salmon recipes ever and it makes an absolutely tasty and easy salmon dinner.
What salmon cut to use?
Well, you have three options and I’ll try give you the pros and cons for each.
Salmon steaks – these are cross-sections of salmon that are best for grilling. They can also be used for baking but I suggest that you buy them with a thicker slice to keep them moist when baking.
Salmon fillets – these are the most common cut used. Best for pan-frying with skin on to give you a crispy skin. If you want to use fillets for this recipe, better discard the skin.
Salmon sides – This is what I used for this recipe. Since it is a whole side of a salmon, I have a bigger surface to lay down my cream cheese – parmesan coating. It’s a good cut for serving a large group or family.
How to make Baked Salmon with Cream cheese and Parmesan
If you’re using the salmon side as I did, the first thing you need to do is check if it’s clear of bones. Use needle-nose pliers or sturdy tweezers to yank pin bones from the fish. Wash the salmon in running water and pat dry with kitchen towels.
Season the fish with olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and crushed garlic. Let it sit for about 30 minutes to marinate. Preheat the oven at 180°C/356°F and start making the cream cheese-parmesan crust. To make it, just mix together cream cheeses and parmesan and that’s it.
Once the salmon is done marinating, Scoop some cream cheeses-parmesan mix and spread it on top of the salmon. Make use of all the cream cheeses and ensure an even spread. Bake the salmon for 30 minutes or until the top crusty and golden.
Tips for Baked Salmon with Cream cheese and Parmesan
- Use fresh salmon for better results.
- You can use lime or calamansi if you don’t have lemons.
- Check for pin bones in the salmon and remove them before cooking.
The secret ingredient is always LOVE
You might also like:
Baked Salmon with Creamcheese and Parmesan
- 1 kg salmon side
- 1 tbsp oilive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
Cream cheeses – parmesan crust
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
Marinating the salmon
- Remove pin bones with needle-nose pliers or sturdy tweezers if there is any from the salmon.
- Wash in running water and pat dry with kitchen towels.
- Rub the salmon with olive oil on all sides followed by salt then pepper.
- Drizzle salmon with lemon juice and place in a baking dish.
- Place the crushed garlic evenly on top of the salmon and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre heat oven at 180°C o 365°F
Making the cream cheese – parmesan coating
- In a bowl. mix-in together cream cheese and parmesan.
- When the salmon is done marinating, evenly spread all of the cream cheese mixture on top of the fish.
- Place inside inside the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden. Bon Appetit!