Adobong Sitaw is a simple, quick and delicious Filipino vegetable dish. Crisp yet tender string beans with pork cooked adobo-style!
This adobong sitaw recipe will make you wonder when it was that you became the sort of person who is this keen about a vegetable. You’ll be picking strips of sitaw right out of the pan because it’s so irresistibly good!
When I see string beans or yard long beans, I immediately think of two dishes I can readily cook it with. Adobong sitaw and gising-gising are two Filipino dishes that are simple to make and delivers awesome flavors. Sitaw cooked in adobo sauce is a great side dish with steamed white rice or paired with fried fish.
Inadobong Sitaw Ingredients
How To Serve And Store
You May Also Like
Adobong Sitaw is a simple, quick and delicious Filipino vegetable dish. Crisp yet tender string beans with pork cooked adobo-style!Print Pin Rate
- 1 bunch string beans ( trim ends and cut into 3" length. Wash and drain thoroughly.)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 150 grams pork belly ( cut into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pan over medium heat, saute onions until translucent then sauté garlic until light brown in color.2 tbsp cooking oil, 3 cloves garlic, 1 medium onion
- Add pork belly pieces and cook pork until browned. Tip in string bean strips and sauté for a minute.150 grams pork belly, 1 bunch string beans
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Gently mix to incorporate ingredients.1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Pour water and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp. Test tenderness by poking vegetable with a fork.1 cup water
- Pour vinegar and simmer for 3-5 minutes without covering and stirring until aroma of vinegar evaporates.1/2 cup vinegar
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt or pepper then remove from heat. Transfer in a serving plate and enjoy. Bon appetit!
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.9g | Protein: 20.3g | Fat: 17.1g | Saturated Fat: 5.4g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 1689mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 3.6g | Sugar: 2.7g | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Share it with us! @amiablefoods or tag #amiablefoods!